Body Shrinkage

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chocolate Mousse

Janene
    Janene
    Admin

Chocolate Mousse Empty Chocolate Mousse

Post  Janene Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:39 am

Because I have a sweet tooth I thought I'd share this recipe I found by another BT member MsPink who has had fabulous results on BT and shares some wonderful recipes. It's a fantastic recipe and i had it a few times last time I was on BT. Just remember to use it sparingly (if you're using cocoa powder)

Ingredients (serves 4)

1/2 cup boiling water
    2 teaspoons powdered gelatine
    1 tsp vanilla essence
    2 tablespoons cocoa powder or flavoured protein powder if you'd like less carbs.
    4 eggs, separated
    1/4 cup sweetner (more if you like it sweeter, taste as you go!)

Method

Combine water and gelatine in a jug. Whisk with a fork until gelatine has completely dissolved. Stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.

Using an electric mixer, beat eggwhites in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Add sweetner, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until meringue is thick and glossy. With mixer on high speed, add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla essence.

Slowly pour gelatine mixture into egg mixture (make sure mixtures are both at the same temperature before you combine them), beating constantly until well combined. Spoon mixture into 4 serving cups. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set and chilled. Dust with remaining 2 teaspoons cocoa. Serve.

Notes & tips
    Tip: When beating eggwhites add a small pinch of cream of tartar. This helps to stabilise the egg, producing a light, fluffy mousse.

If you notice it has an 'eggy' taste, 1 tsp white vinegar will fix this!! I tasted mine before I put in fridge and it needed it!! just mix in with the yolks

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:50 am