And so it begins...!

MelbGirl82

And so it begins...!

Post  MelbGirl82 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:07 am

Hi everyone,

I had every intention of posting my stats up here today, but it may have to wait until later on this afternoon. I went out and bought scales which had a limit of about 130kg. Needles to say, the bloody thing would not weigh me! So I'm guessing I'll need a better set of scales or do I really want to know? Surprised
    The good news is: I'm on day 2 of detox and surprisingly, no terrible side effects. Felt a bit low on energy and woozy yesterday, but I had no cravings or headaches. Could that mean that it's not working?? I should be OK if following the program correctly, despite the lack of any headaches on day 2.

Also, I got my monthly visitor today and I have the flu...how bad can it get? I'm still powering ahead with BT detox though, keeping the fluids up, water with lemon and tea. Maybe the reason I haven't had any headaches is because I'm so doped up on Codral! Laughing How can I possibly have a headache when taking 6 codeine tablets a day? Laughing

But I'm otherwise feeling OK. My mission today is to find a set of digital scales that are accurate and will weigh someone over 130kg. I could be just over that, but the scales are still not giving me an accurate reading.

Where did everyone else get their scales?

Janene
    Admin

Re: And so it begins...!

Post  Janene on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:06 am

Hi hun.
    Not sure where I got mine from, I think target? I think mine go to 150. Lots of luck on your detox!! No cravings doesn't mean it's not working at all. I wish you could have weighed at day 1 because detox is your biggest losing session. Anyway, I know you're going to lose weight during the detox so don't feel as if you wont!!

Go girl! Clap

Goal #1 - Reach Double Digits

May Challenge

MelbGirl82

Post  MelbGirl82 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:54 am

OK, so I went and got some decent scales.

Found them at the "man shop" Bunnings :-) I've updated my ticker as well. I weigh 136.5kg. A shocker!
    My first goal will be to get down to 100kg. If I think of my end goal, 80kg, it's a bit too daunting for me just to think about it. So I'll set my first goal for 100kg and then I'll go from there.

I'm on day 2 of detox. I will weigh in on Saturday week and post results. Until then I'm hoping to resist hopping on the scales, I doubt it will be an accurate reading though, I'm feeling slightly bloated due to TTOM. That gives me just over 7 days to get rid of the bloating and get back to normal Cool

Thanks to everyone for their support Laughing
    Meg

Post  Meg on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:29 am

Hey Melb - good luck with resisting the scale peeking. I can't, I even moved them to another room, but they have walked back to the ensuite. Suspect

Your detox feelings are quite normal, but being ill probably hasnt help - hope you get better soon.

Heads up with a friendly reminder... don't forget to take your vitamins and some fibre suppliments if necessary. I did during detox, but stopped when able to eat salad/vegies thinking that I wouldnt need too, but was starting to feel lethargic, started them again and I'm ready to run a marathon. rofl (in my dreams).

Good luck with your journy and yes, small steps. I remember when on Weight Watchers I had to do the 1st 5kg then 10kg and kept that up.

See you round.
    Megan

MelbGirl82

Post  MelbGirl82 on Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:23 am

Hey Meg

Thanks for the advice, I have been keeping up the water intake and I have been taking a fibre supplement. It's been OK so far, I have just finished the 3 day detox. I will be weighing myself next Saturday seeing as it's TTOM and I don't want to be disappointed when I step on the scales. All that water retention!

But otherwise, I'm going OK. Taking it one day at a time. I'm finding that I did crave something sweet yesterday but more likely out of habit, I have a bit of a sweet tooth. So I went and grabbed some sugar free hard boiled lollies and that hit the spot. Better choice than pigging out on choc I guess.

MelbGirl82

Post  MelbGirl82 on Wed May 11, 2011 12:58 pm

OK,so I have been away for a while, work has kept me tired and grumpy.

I'm disappointed to report that after doing well for the 3 day detox, I fell off the wagon at about Day 6/7 where I hit every branch on my way down. I haven't gained anything but at the same time I have not lost either. Opps

After the initial 3 day detox, I weighed myself - loss of 1.4kg.

Not really sure what happened, I think if I'm really honest, it's lack of preparation and organisation on my part that let me down. I started with great enthusiasm and I kind of feel like I'm back to square one again. hissy

I need to figure out how I'm going to squeeze in the 10,000 steps per day. I don't think a 30min walk will do.

Some obstacles I have found:
    * I have long days - I wake up at 5:30 am every day to be on the train at 7am for my commute into the city. I start at approx 8:30 and finish at 5:00pm approx, which means by the time get home it's about 6:30pm. I really don't think I can exercise BEFORE work...that would literally mean getting up at 4am. No
    * Exercise after work - I need to make dinner and plan for the next day...I'm normally in bed by 10pm...how do I find the time??

My only option is to go for a walk at lunchtime - and that is also dependant on the weather. Weekends are a better option, but that would limit my exercise to 2 days a week.

I'm just so frustrated - I don't know if maybe beginning with something like Optifast or similar might be a better option at this point. I would prefer to stick to real food, but time is not really a luxury I can afford right now. Life would be so much better if I didn't have to worry about food allthe time...it seriously occupies so much of my brain, it's not funny. Decision about what to eat, when, how much, etc. I'm so over it.

I know I have a lot of weight to lose and I can't afford to get complacent and give up. I think I just need to re-evaluate my goals, get motivated again and keep going. Rome wasn't built in a day. Hi There

Janene
    Admin

Post  Janene on Wed May 11, 2011 1:28 pm

Hun, for now don't focus on the exercise. Really concentrate on the food as that is the biggest part. I have lost my weight doing barely any exercise. With a bubba and work I barely get time for a shower to myself let alone exercise Laughing . I find walk aerobics are great and if i can I squeeze one of those in of an evening, but i'ts not all the time. You CAN still lose weight on the food side alone.

And pfft, so you feel off the wagon - Trick is not to fall into a slump of "oh well too sad" and get right back up and back on again.

Cook all your snacks ahead of time (I pick Sunday as my cooking day) Make things like Frittatas which area a great change from boring old meat and vegies/salad for meals. I have them for lunch at work because they zap quick in the microwave.

You hang in there!!

Goal #1 - Reach Double Digits

May Challenge
    stefenia

Post  stefenia on Wed May 11, 2011 3:00 pm

Hi Melbgirl

Janene is right - food is 70% of the weight loss equation. It also seems that the more weight you have to lose the easier it is to lose the initial weight from food alone. As the weight comes off and you feel more lively you will want to exercise more - so that will help.

I don't have a day anywhere near as long as yours but I still don't exercise first thing in the morning - I take every minute I can to stay in bed. I am a teacher so I am home by 5ish most days - but as winter creeps in - who wants to walk in the cold? I have a Wii fit as well as Walk away the pounds DVDs - and I do one or more of these each day. Anything I can do inside!

And another thing Janene is right about - and that is to get organised for the week. Make sure you have plenty of protein snacks at home and work so you never reach for something that is non-BT compliant. Cook when you have time and have a few protein snacks that are treats - there are recipes for muffins, protein balls and cookies on the recipes page here - as well as favourites like prawns or smoked salmon if that is something you enjoy. You will be less likely to fall off the wagon if you have lots of choices available.

But - if you do have another slip - don't start thinking that this doesn't work so you need to try something else. I have tried lots of things and they always work for a few days then stop and the weight goes straight back on. This is the first thing I have tried that works. Stay plugged into the forum - there are so many positive people on here that you will always find someone who will support you.

Take care <hugs>

MelbGirl82

A little bit personal, but...

Post  MelbGirl82 on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:23 am

Hi ladies

It has been a while since I visited the forums – I have been working flat out and have hardly had any time to devote to any extra activities outside of the usual routine – sleep, work, eat, sleep, work eat…etc.

I have been to see a naturopath who has been helping me to curb my cravings and also make better decisions with food, one step at a time. I’ve realised it’s a slow process and the changes I make I need to make on a long term basis, not just for a month or so just to lose a few kilos. I think I will eventually eliminate/reduce carbs altogether, I have been told that I happen to be one of those people that can’t process carbs very well, so I will be mainly concentrating on proteins and vegetables as a source of nutrition. Pretty much like BT all in all, although I’ll be having some extra supplementary help in the area of natural medicine, ie herbs, vitamins etc as prescribed by the naturopath.

I also found that a good detox made me feel a lot better. My skin broke out quite badly, but apart from that, I found that I have more energy and can stay up a bit longer at night.

On a personal level, I’ve had a few dilemmas to work through. It’s on a bit of a personal note so I hope it’s not too much info, maybe someone out there in cyber land can lend some advice if they have experienced the same thing.

My partner and I have been together to about 2 years. For the last 5 months we have not have had any “relations” at all. Even though he does get the benefit of the occasional “BJ”, we have not actually done anything in about 5 months. Having already a low self esteem issue, I discussed this with him several times. I explained I feel rejected, useless and unattractive. We got together when I was a big person, so I don’t see why it would change, but it appears that he has completely gone off “relations” altogether. I got quite upset one day and accused our relationship of being like “housemates” and that we should then have separate rooms if that’s going to be the case. He was really upset by that comment and told me that he doesn’t consider us to be housemates at all. He told me that he’s been stressed at work, he feels inadequate and since gaining a few kilos himself, he feels unattractive as well. He’s very much affectionate and there are no other pressing issues with us. I have no doubt in my mind that he really loves me in a true sense and that he’s very committed to this relationship.
    We are planning to get engaged and buy a house, have kids etc and there is no way he could be cheating on me or getting his “kicks” elsewhere. He has been cheated on in every relationship he has had, and I have no doubt about his loyalty but his lack of desire is concerning me.

He says we should make time for each other instead of sitting down to watch TV or housework or whatever, so that we can concentrate on each other, but that has never eventuated.

Even after we have talked about it and he realised how upsetting this all is to me, we are yet to do anything. I have told myself that I will no longer attempt to coax him into it and I will give up and leave it to him initiate anything from now on. Age could be a factor, he is about 10 years older than me, I think he has always had a low libido, but it makes me feel even more insecure about myself. I’m considering bringing up an idea of counselling to him because I think a relationship can’t really survive without “it”….not for long periods of time anyways.

Just to clarify, I’m not expecting it every 2 days or 3 times a week or whatever, but definitely more frequently than 5-6 months!

Thank you for reading, I need to get this off my chest somehow. Apart from my partner, I have not said a word of this to anyone, I’m just so embarrassed.
    stefenia

Post  stefenia on Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:31 pm

Hi

Sorry to hear that things aren't going well in the bedroom. It sounds as though he really loves you - but you may need some form of counselling. If it helps to vent - then that is part of what the forum is for!

It seems as though the visit to the naturopath has simply confirmed what we already know from the BT system - so if you follow it correctly you should be okay. I have always found that if I can go for a while without chocolate or other sweet things I stop craving them. But stay out of my way if I start eating them - I don't seem to be able to stop. Since being on BT I have had no problem with any of that, even when I have goodies on my free day. I suspect that part of the reason is that I still have sweet protein snacks which prevents any real body or head cravings.

Keep at it - I am sure that you will be successful in time.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:21 am