Body Shrinkage

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Chocolate Fudge Muffins

stefenia
    stefenia

Chocolate Fudge Muffins Empty Chocolate Fudge Muffins

Post  stefenia Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:40 pm

I found this recipe on the BT website and have made it twice now - once with just oil and once with the cream cheese - definitely better with the cheese - and extra protein of course. I have yet to buy cocoa so I just use extra protein powder! I think like many of these kinds of "goodies" they can't be eaten every day.

Chocolate Fudge Muffins (Makes 6)

100g almond meal
    2 eggs
    1tsp baking powder
    1/4 cup splenda
    1/3 cup extra light olive oil (DO NOT USE BUTTER - they will dry out!)
    1/4 cup water (you may not need it all)
    1 Musashi Slim Lo-Carb chocolate fudge protein bar (55g)
    2 scoops (20g) Balance Muscle Technology Night Time Growth Protein Divine Chocolate protein powder
    3 tsp cocoa

Preheat oven to 180 degrees (fan forced) or 200 degrees conventional. Lightly grease a 6-cup silicone muffin pan (I use canola spray oil).
    Combine almond meal, cocoa, splenda, baking powder and protein powder in a bowl.
    Chop chocolate fudge bar into small, chocolate chip sized pieces.
    Beat eggs quickly with a fork to break up egg white. Stir in the olive oil. Add about half the water.
    Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined - don't worry about small lumps. If the mixture is too sticky, add more water. You want the consistency to be like that of regular muffin mix - not runny but not doughy either.
    Stir in chopped protein bar.
    Spoon into the 6 muffin holes equally. Bake for 12 minutes until well risen and slightly springy when touched. Cool in pan for 5 minutes then turn out to cool on a wire rack. Enjoy.

You can also make this into choc mint muffins by using the mint version of the protein bar and adding 1/2 tsp of mint essence. A lot of people are reporting a better consistency by reducing the oil to 1/8 of a cup and adding 2 tbsp of ricotta or cottage cheese.

Chocolate Fudge Muffins Empty Ok for Protien 50G snack?

Post  jenny80 Mon May 02, 2011 8:28 am

Hi,

Are these ok for a protien snack, not sure about the Almond meal, and protien bar?

Thanks
    jenny.
    stefenia
    stefenia

Chocolate Fudge Muffins Empty Re: Chocolate Fudge Muffins

Post  stefenia Mon May 02, 2011 10:36 am

These are definitely ok as a protein snack, though I personally would not have them on a PO day - I stay away from anything sweet on those days.
    melly845
    melly845

Post  melly845 Thu May 05, 2011 5:27 am

I make these as well, only I reduce the oil down to 1/8 of a cup and add two heaped tablespoons of low-fat ricotta to compensate. This reduces the fat content and increases the protein. I have also made them using an Atkins Advantage Chocolate Brownie bar instead of the Musashi, and I think they turned out better with the Atkins bar.

Janene
    Janene
    Admin

Post  Janene Mon May 16, 2011 12:58 pm

Has anyone tried making these without the protein bars? I don't have any at the moment and was thinking of doing some baking tonight. I have everything else...I just am missing the bar...Do you think they'd still work?
    stefenia
    stefenia

Post  stefenia Mon May 16, 2011 2:14 pm

They will still work but will be low on protein - so not as good a protein snack.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:13 am