Body Shrinkage

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vanilla & Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins

melly845
    melly845

Vanilla & Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins Empty Vanilla & Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins

Post  melly845 Fri May 20, 2011 9:05 am

I adapted these from the recipe on the BT forum for Vanilla & Apricot Muffins, they turned out really yummy!

Ingredients:

100g almond meal
    30g low-carb vanilla protein powder
    1 tsp baking powder
    2 eggs
    1/3 cup splenda
    1/3 cup extra light olive oil
    1/4 cup water (you may not need it all)
    2 heaped tablespoons Tamar Valley Smooth ricotta
    2 tsp vanilla essence
    1 Musashi Slim Strawberry Cheesecake protein bar

Method:

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan forced, 200 degrees conventional.
    Lightly oil a 6 cup silicone muffin tray (I use extra light olive oil spray)
    Combine the dry ingredients, including the chopped protein bar, in a bowl.
    In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork. Add the olive oil and ricotta to the bowl with the eggs and keep whisking until combined. Then add about half the water to the bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just enough to combine (you don't want to overmix or they will dry out). If necessary add more water until you have the right consistency - not runny but not sticking in one big lump either.
    Spoon equally into the 6 muffin holes and bake for 12-15 minutes until risen and golden on the top. Undercooked is definitely better than overcooked as you don't want them to dry out, so once they are risen check that they are slightly firm and take them out.
    Cool in the pan for 5 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
    I cut mine in half through the middle horizontally and serve with a dollop of thick cream on each side, yummy!

p.s: my mixture actually turned out really runny because I added ricotta to the recipe without reducing the quantity of olive oil, so they took a bit longer to cook. But I think this actually helped to make the muffins turn out really moist so it all worked out in the end.

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:12 am