Body Shrinkage

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Trying to stay positive

Ang
    Ang

Trying to stay positive Empty Trying to stay positive

Post  Ang Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:43 am

hi, I have finished my 3 day detox yesterday and today was a relief to eat some salad and vegies, oh and a piece of toast for bfast!!! Clap . But ever since I started BT I have got my monthlys Mad (sorry fellas) and I'm just wondering if it's just me that has got this or is something wrong as I have the needle every 3 months and havent had them for well over a year.
    Is it the change in hormones that could be doing this to my body? Trying to stay up with the water intake and stay very positive but feeling blerrrgh isnt helping. I know that this could show on the scales of a heavier time, just hoping that I get a big loss in coming weeks for me to get rewarded for surviving the detox.
    Janene
    Janene
    Admin

Trying to stay positive Empty Re: Trying to stay positive

Post  Janene Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:09 am

Hi Ang

Wow, with the needle that is a little odd to get them. I got mine on day 3 of my detox, so I know EXACTLY how you feel. I keep trying to remind myself that next week I should see some great results after all this urgh bloating goes away. Have you had a period before on the needle? Maybe ask the Dr if you're not sure or concerned about it. your body is likely being flushed of some pretty nasty stuff as we up our water and change our eating ideals so perhaps that can have some affect.
    Ang
    Ang

Post  Ang Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:20 am

yes i'm like you and am hoping that there is a big show on the scales.

I have had them once since starting it up again after my second son was born 16 months ago. I was just guessing that it might of come down to all the hormone changes with the different eating arrangements with BT.

Might just have to wait and see whether they fade out themselves otherwise I think it might be a visit to the DR.

Thanks Janene, and good luck. Console
    stefenia
    stefenia

Post  stefenia Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:33 am

Hi Angela

Sounds like your system is trying to adjust to all the changes - hopefully things will settle down soon for you. It does not seem fair that you are doing the right thing for your body then your body rebels! Don't delay in seeing the doctor if there is no improvement.
    Ang
    Ang

Post  Ang Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:37 am

yeh have to agree doesnt seem fair at all. Rolling Eyes

but staying positive just hoping it shows on those scales in upcoming weeks.

thanks for the kind words.

Clap
    Ang
    Ang

Post  Ang Fri May 13, 2011 7:10 am

Well I'm on week 3 weigh in day and have lost a total of 3.3kg but.... 30.5 cm off my torso (chest, waist, lower ab, hips and thighs) WOW i'm so happy Happydance I could feel my pants getting looser but to see how much in measurements is amazing.

My goal to fit into a size 10 wedding dress will be here before I know it, I still have heaps of time because as you's all know ladies to get a guy to set a date is like ignore whats it matter Ive been waiting 4yrs now Waiting

Hope you all have a great weekend and week Lots a Love
    stefenia
    stefenia

Post  stefenia Fri May 13, 2011 7:17 am

Wow - well done Angela. You will get into that size 10 for sure!
    Woohoo
    Janene
    Janene
    Admin

Post  Janene Fri May 13, 2011 9:18 am

Woohooooooooo Way to go Angela!! Thats a good result hun.

Clap Clap Clap Clap

My hubby proposed rather quickly lol..But after being in the US Military and two tours in Iraq I guess he was eager for a bit of normality and a family life.

Ang
    Ang

Post  Ang Mon May 16, 2011 12:50 am

Thanks for the support Ladies. I was thrilled to see it in the measurements as opposed to the weight loss.

It's like we're married already been together 9 years and have 2 beautiful boys. Its just the expensive day and the certificate that is missing lol!

Ang
    Ang

Post  Ang Sat May 21, 2011 12:13 pm

Well I've reached week 4 not a big loss this week only 0.2kg but hey its a loss. Been a busy week had a couple of days with not so much water or excercise so I think this is a big contributing factor.

Being very surprised by what some foods actually taste like now. Had a bowl of ice cream on my free day and it just doesnt taste the same anymore maybe thats a good thing haha wont be tempted as much, now if i could only work out how to do this with chocolate Laughing

Is anyone else finding food tasting different?

Well anyway onto another week, good luck everyone Stronger
    Ang
    Ang

Post  Ang Thu May 26, 2011 5:01 am

Well got excited and did some baking today, muffins for the family and muffins for myself, I started making the vanilla and apricot muffins but like melly adapted to my taste.

Ingredients:

100g almond meal
    30g low-carb vanilla protein powder
    1 tsp baking powder
    2 eggs
    1/3 cup splenda
    1/3 cup extra light olive oil (I use rice bran oil)
    1/4 cup water (you may not need it all)
    2 tsp vanilla essence
    1 Atkins Day Break protein bar (any flavour I reckon would taste nice)

Method:

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan forced, 200 degrees conventional.
    Lightly oil a 6 cup silicone muffin tray (I use extra light olive oil spray)
    Combine the dry ingredients, including the chopped protein bar, in a bowl.
    In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork. Add the olive oil and ricotta to the bowl with the eggs and keep whisking until combined. Then add about half the water to the bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just enough to combine (you don't want to overmix or they will dry out). If necessary add more water until you have the right consistency - not runny but not sticking in one big lump either.
    Spoon equally into the 6 muffin holes and bake for 12-15 minutes until risen and golden on the top. Undercooked is definitely better than overcooked as you don't want them to dry out, so once they are risen check that they are slightly firm and take them out.
    Cool in the pan for 5 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.

I changed the protein bar to an Adkins Day Break bar the Almond and Cranberry (was going to add the cappucino nut but couldnt find it in the cupboard). Gave it great texture.

Have also been stuck on the taste for chicken bits marinated.

Best one I have come up with so far is-

16-20 chicken bits
    Tablespoon Ketchap Manis (indonesian soy sauce)
    2 tablespoons honey
    1 teaspoon Sesame oil
    1 teaspoon Hoi sin sauce
    1 - 2 teaspoons of minced garlic (depending on your taste)

Mix all together
    Toss chicken through the marinade
    Let stand for an hour in fridge
    Bake on 200 for 30 mins(or until your desired browness) turning half way.
    Remember to line your tray with alfoil (as you dont want to do what I had to and scrub your tray for at LEAST an hour).

Have been having these for a PO snack, the honey probably shouldnt be in it but thought for this many bits spread out prob wouldnt make much of a difference.

Well til tomorrow for weigh in, have a good week people Yes

stefenia
    stefenia

Post  stefenia Thu May 26, 2011 9:04 am

Hi Angela

Thanks for the update for the muffins - must try some of the non-chocolate ones! I too have a variation - use 50g almond meal and 50g hazelnut meal - tastes absolutely amazing! I (accidentally) left out the artificial sweetener and they were just as good as with it, so I am not going to use it again.
    Ang
    Ang

Post  Ang Thu May 26, 2011 9:35 am

Thanks Stephanie, will have to try your way too as I do like my muffins lol.
    Ang
    Ang

Post  Ang Thu May 26, 2011 11:17 pm

Weigh in day today only a loss of 700gm but thats ok we're still on a loss.
    Started a new challenge for myself 10kg in 10wks. Didnt quite make my goal on the May challenge, have to push harder on this one.

Have a gr8 week people Lots a Love
    stefenia
    stefenia

Post  stefenia Fri May 27, 2011 5:48 am

700g is still a great loss Angela. I don't think I will show a loss this week - unless things change rapidly over the next 2 days. But I am going to think about how I can switch it up and change certain things to get my metabolism going again.

I am much happier about how I look and get loads of compliments at work and church. I asked my daughter to take a photo this morning - but the batteries in her camera were dead - so maybe tonight so I can add it to my signature. My brother was married last year and I have asked him to send me a photo that shows the old me - only fair to see the comparison!

I don't think I have enough to lose to try for 10kg/10 weeks - I suspect that as you get closer to goal the process slows down. I have set my overall goal at 65kg - but really I don't need to go quite that low. 68kg will put me in the healthy weight range, and I think that as you get older a little extra weight is not a bad thing. There has been talk that a lowish BMI when you are elderly is worse than a highish one - not obese obviously! I think I will see how I look and feel and perhaps be a little less focussed on weight. I already am so much happier with things and my inner health has improved (I am actually the healthiest person I know as I almost never get sick - but some of the blood tests said otherwise).

Good luck with the next phase of your journey.
    Ang
    Ang

Trying to stay positive Empty Still going

Post  Ang Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:38 pm

Hi to all, I'm still here but am stuck on a plateau. Been struggling the last week or two to get past this, maybe me getting bored too doesnt help with weight loss as I find I am picking more and more at the bad stuff.
    Need some motivation. Maybe next month I might join the July challenge if its on as the 10 week challenge that Im doing I feel I just dont have the support of being in a group say.
    The fact that I get the TOTM every time I have a protein day doesnt impress me, but I have a DRs appt on thurs so hopefully she can shed some light on this for me. I did find a write up on another forum regarding this problem---

"The Fact is that many women DO experience some interesting hormonal side effects when first starting low carb. Heavy bleeding is one of the most common and it usually stabalizes after some time on the diet.
    It is thought that this effect is caused by an estrogen dominant situation-- fat on the body does store and make estrogen, so most women who need to low carb i.e.have more fat than they need or want-- have an excess of estrogen stored in their adipose tissue. This in itself can cause a lot of mentrual problems--PMS, heavy bleeding, bloating--etc. When you start to lose fat, then a lot MORE estrogen gets dumped into the system and can cause some real havoc for a while. Eventually it all evens out as the diet helps normalize all the homonal systems--mostly by a better balance of eicosonoids.--( take your fish oil ladies!)

bio-identical progesterone cream can help a lot to ease symptoms while you are going through the " storm" of hormonal imbalance -- I would hate for someone who could really benefit from low carb overall to stop because of what is probably a temporary situaltion and is actually indicative of the body going through some changes which will ulitmately heal it."

So I think this might just sum it up for a few of us that got the TOTM when we first started on BT and for some of us that get the estrogen needle every 12 weeks this is not a good thing. Embarassed

Anyway a little info for some of you that might be interested.
    Hope your all having a great week and welcome to the newcomers Clap
    stefenia
    stefenia

Post  stefenia Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:28 am

Hi Ang

Sorry to hear you are doing it tough. Interesting that you always line up with your PO day - maybe you could change your free day and see if that helps?

I wonder if the 10 week challenge is just too long. It probably seems like the end is way too far away and that you will never lose the 10kg. Far better to set smaller goals over smaller periods. I am finding as I get closer to goal that the losses each week are decreasing, so I need to set a realistic goal for each month - maybe 2 kg. I think some of my bigger losses have me aiming too high - when all that matters is that you continue to lose - a little bit at a time! In some ways you need to take at least a year to lose the weight as it takes at least that long for the empty fat cells to "go away" (in this morning's West newspaper).

You need to find a solution to the boredom - another activity than picking at forbidden food! I don't keep anything in the house that I am not allowed to eat - so I resort to an extra protein snack or a diet jelly if my hands (and mouth) are bored!

Good luck - I am sure you will get there in the end.
    Ang
    Ang

Post  Ang Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:47 am

Thanks Stephanie.

Yeh I think the 10wk challenge is a little long cause as you say I am feeling that I wont end up losing the 10kg and it feels like its just so far away.

I'm so glad your nearly at your goal, thats fantastic. Thats interesting with the article out of the paper, who would of thought hey that it would take that long.

We're a family of 4, two boys 3 and 1 so its very difficult not to have anything bad in the house. Just have to get back to it and keep going. Been thinking about getting a wii so maybe that might be an idea for something that could keep the boredom down.
    Ang
    Ang

Post  Ang Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:55 am

Hi all,

It's been pretty quiet on the front here, has everybody gone or even better reached their goal!!!!! Clap

I've been slowly plugging along with my weight loss I get on to change my ticker but thats about it.
    I've hit a dead spot at the moment had a few weeks there with littlies birthday parties and the choc crackles come out and I couldnt resist Eeek trying to find my motivation that I lost somewhere between the mud birthday cakes and the choc crackles Lmao
    I now have a better goal to reach I have a engagement party to attend in Nov in WA and I havent seen my girlfriend for over a few years I'm back to the size I was when I seen her last but want to feel and look even better to spoil myself with some shopping (hearing me ladies) Smile

Just a quick check in hope all is well with everybodys weight loss Lots a Love
    Ang
    Ang

Post  Ang Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:16 am

Well here I am again....

Found the motivation to start back on BT again. Starting all out on the 3 day carb detox and oh i hated it the first time, this time I'm coping more. Has been a day of pork chipolatas LOL as I had a big cook up of them for breakfast and thought just easy to keep snacking on during the day. So hopefully I drop at least 4 kg for this month as the engagement party in WA is the start of November, wish me luck Razz

Til we meet again, next week.

All the best everybody Hi There
    SexyBride
    SexyBride

Post  SexyBride Fri May 25, 2012 10:12 am

Being positive makes it all. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:23 am