Body Shrinkage

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
_jo_
tanjasweightloss
scaramush
Meg
tim.mcglone
Janene
stefenia
11 posters

May Challenge

wilko-1969

May Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: May Challenge

Post  wilko-1969 Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:50 am

IM in I want to lose 5kg any thing more is a extra bonus.
    Vegie Dance
    Janene
    Janene
    Admin

Post  Janene Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:07 am

Wow Jo - you're just powering ahead!!! Clap

Welcome Wilko Hi There
    tanjasweightloss
    tanjasweightloss

Post  tanjasweightloss Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:50 am

Go Jo thats awsum instead of sleep walking your sleep exercising Clap This week I've lost 2.3 kilos bring me to 90.5 Very Happy so close to the 80s now.
    Janene
    Janene
    Admin

Post  Janene Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:24 am

Woohoo Tanj!! That's an awesome loss Happydance
    Meg
    Meg

Post  Meg Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:10 am

OK, Im now confuzzeld Huh . Am I meant to be changing my weight loss/gain every day? I've noticed everyone else's may challenge ticker moving and we havent completed a week yet.
    tanjasweightloss
    tanjasweightloss

Post  tanjasweightloss Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:14 am

No not at all meg no need to get confused just change your weight your normal weigh in day I've changed mine today as Fridays are my normal weigh in most are doing it I think on there free days but I have weekly weigh in at my gym so for me just easier that way. I hope that helps Very Happy

Edit: oops I forgot to change my weight too I needed to add a kilo to my start weight as my scales were out so I've lost 3.3 kilos Very Happy
    Meg
    Meg

Post  Meg Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:21 am

Thanks Tanja, thought that was the case. OMG don't forget that Kilo. What a brilliant loss. Well done, you must be excited.

Weigh in is Saturday for me, my first free day, hmmm now what to have. It's funny, during the week Im thinking subway for luch, pasta, roast spuds, but today I'm not bothered.

Bet any money I'll change it tomoz.
    Wink

_jo_
    _jo_

Post  _jo_ Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:35 am

Great job Tanja and everyone else who has lost some weight in this challenge

I am having my first free day on Sunday so i will weight again that morning, i'm not sure i will make the most of it though cause i'll be home cleaning...Maybe i should go and do something and clean monday since it's a day off...hmm!
    I have all my theme park passes to use wonder if i could get a baby sitter for Daisy and i can take Jack to one of them.
    Meg
    Meg

Post  Meg Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:27 am

Good morning one and all. What glorious day (well it is in Melbourne anyway) looks like I'll be heading outdoors to play in the sun, what's everyone else up to this weekend?

So, weigh in day for me and since starting the challenge I've lost 1.1kg Vegie Dance Vegie Dance

total loss since 20/4 is 3.1kg

1st free day also, woke up hankering for vegemite on toast mmmmm, yummo. Looks like I'll have chicken n salad for lunch and I'll see what my tummy is wanting for dinner when the time comes.

Have a wonderful day folks
    Janene
    Janene
    Admin

Post  Janene Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:00 am

Well done guys!!!

Well my free day today too.

Weight since starting challenge = .8
    Total weight loss so far = 3.9

Clap
    _jo_
    _jo_

Post  _jo_ Sun May 01, 2011 1:46 am

Well first week down of BT and the May Challenge and i'm down 5.2kg! so excited.

Mum has saved me a Mini Time Out from her Favourites box from easter so i'll be enjoying that with my lunch today!! hehe
    Janene
    Janene
    Admin

Post  Janene Sun May 01, 2011 6:21 am

Well done Jo!! Clap

Enjoy that Chocolate today!! Razz
    wilko-1969

Post  wilko-1969 Mon May 02, 2011 12:46 am

Hi
    I hope every one is having a good week?
    first week on body trim lost 4kg.
    loss since the 28th when i signed up for the May challenge is 1.9kg.
    Vegie Dance

Janene
    Janene
    Admin

Post  Janene Mon May 02, 2011 2:06 am

Clap

Wilko good on you! What a good loss for the week....Beat me by 100 grams lol

Well done hun

Woohoo
    Ang
    Ang

May Challenge - Page 2 Empty any help pls

Post  Ang Mon May 02, 2011 2:43 am

Hi,

I just need some help or advice maybe.

I am struggling to lose anymore then 300g a day atm and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I drink between 2.5 and 3l of water a day try and keep my steps up if I dont go out walking then I do the miles workout with Leslie.

I was having raw sugar in my coffee in the morning until I got to the shop to buy some splendid, and thought this could of been contributing to the gain.

Is it compulsory to take the fish oil and multi vitamin every day? Does this contribute to more loss?

My weight has just been floating in the 85kg range and I cant seem to get lower.

Does anyone have any suggestions please????
    Ang
    Ang

Post  Ang Mon May 02, 2011 2:57 am

Ive started eating the protein bars too could this be a bad thing eating too many (i only have one a day prob in the arvo when having a sweet crave). The bars Ive been eating are the Atkins advantage and day break as I thought these were ok.
    Janene
    Janene
    Admin

Post  Janene Mon May 02, 2011 3:48 am

Hun, first I want to say 300grams day = 2.1kg a week, which is actually a pretty good loss.Or do you mean 300 a week?

Anyway a few things.
    Yes the bars are not good everyday. Watch the Atkins ones, as some of them can be high carb. Check the package stats and go for the lowest carbs.

The fish oil isn't compulsory and won't change your weight loss.

Do you eat a lot of Deli meats? They can contain large amounts of salt which make you retain fluid hence slowing your loss. Try not to eat it more than once a day, and if you can maybe every other day.

Are you having PO snacks? And are you making sure you eat every 3 hours (at the max, you can eat every hour - won't hurt as long as it's PO)
    Ang
    Ang

Post  Ang Mon May 02, 2011 4:27 am

For the week I lost a total of 1.9 kg but then I went up and put on 600g(thinking from the sugar and bars) so Ive now just lost 500 of them. I dont know what I'm doing wrong the only thing I could think of was the sugar and the bars. I started eating the bars when I wasnt home instead of getting something out of the fridge, but now there will be a stop to these.

Dont try and eat alot of deli meats as I had read that you said they hold alot of salt and saying that I did have some prawns and salad last week that were pretty salty, so this could of done the same thing.

I do eat PO as a snack eg egg, cottage cheese, chicken. Sometimes I might not be right on the 3 hours but have gone out to 4 a couple of times (busy with children).

stefenia
    stefenia

Post  stefenia Mon May 02, 2011 4:37 am

Hi Angela

Having sugar in your coffee would have been a major issue - you definitely need to change to sugar free sweetener. The rest sounds about right. If you are losing 300g a day that is amazing! The ups and downs you are recording would not be noticed if you weighed yourself just once a week (which is what we are told to do - though I know many of us, me included weigh daily). You will also notice a gain after a free day so you need to watch out for that. I have lost 6kg - but only the first 2 weeks were big losses. Now I am losing at about 600g per week and that is enough. There is no need to lose weight faster than that - you put it on over time, be prepared for it to take time to lose it. Ignore the BT hype of a kilo a week and 5 kg in the first week - everyone is different and the main thing is the final result.
    Ang
    Ang

Post  Ang Mon May 02, 2011 4:53 am

thanks stephanie Hi There

I have changed my sugar over to splendid now as I just cant go without my coffee in the morning.

It is hard to stay off the scales each day Scales as I just want to see the results each day even though I shouldnt. I have only been on BT for my first week and to see that everyone else are having big losses I get a just a little bit down for myself but its such great news for everyone else Clap your all doing fantasticly!!!!

I agree the final result is the main thing but just thought I would see bigger results at the start.
    stefenia
    stefenia

Post  stefenia Mon May 02, 2011 5:53 am

Angela - initial weight loss depends on so many things that you have to be careful not to compare yourself to others. However, BT have been pretty good about the refund of your purchase price if you don't lose 5kg in the first week - so you are entitled to your money back and to keep the system.
    Meg
    Meg

Post  Meg Mon May 02, 2011 10:32 am

Hey Angela,

Don't forget to measure yourself. The scales might not show much of a loss, but your measurements probably have. It does really depend of a few factors. Alcohol, the free day will always make you gain. I still use normal white sugar in my coffee, I have half a teaspoon. I read somewhere that the artifical sweetners are not good for you. (best look it up and post it here perhaps)

When I was on Weight Watchers, they did say that upto 1kg is excellent when you weight falls below 90kg.
    _jo_
    _jo_

Post  _jo_ Thu May 05, 2011 12:18 am

Ok i had to have a peek at my weight this morning!! I couldn't help it lol
    I have only lost .2kg BUT after being a bit dissapointed this morning i finally knocked myself out of it and though...hey i lost! at least i didn't put weight on! Just made me realise we are not on the biggest loser and can't loose 6 kg a week every week!

Since i woke up i have been craving a real Mocha from the coffee shop...i haven't had one in 2 weeks!! I used to get one every morning on my way to work! I thought it's ok i'll have breakfast when i get to work and i'll be ok....so i've had my protien...nope i still want that mocha so you know what...i'm about to go down and get it!!

I won't have my fruit this morning and have my mocha instead. I always said if i was so desperate for something i wouldn't deprive myself.

I will be going out at lunch though and finally getting a SLM shake. I went yesterday but they only had vanilla and i want choc. Hopefully then when i get a choc craving like this the shake will help!
    tanjasweightloss
    tanjasweightloss

Post  tanjasweightloss Fri May 06, 2011 10:21 am

I've lost 700 grams this week which brings me to 89.8 kilos I'm in the 80s I think I've told just about everyone now lol.
    stefenia
    stefenia

Post  stefenia Fri May 06, 2011 11:51 am

Way to go Tanya Clap

I know how I felt when I hit the 70s - it is awesome!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:39 pm