Body Shrinkage

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
_jo_
tanjasweightloss
scaramush
Meg
tim.mcglone
Janene
stefenia
11 posters

May Challenge

Janene
    Janene
    Admin

May Challenge - Page 3 Empty Re: May Challenge

Post  Janene Fri May 06, 2011 12:10 pm

Woohoo YAY Tanja!!! Woohoo

Congrats on the AWESOME 80s Happydance

Jo - I have times like that too, when I see a small loss, but remember each day's weight is a little off. I peeked on Tues and only had a .2 loss, 3 days later jumped on again and had 1.3 loss....so just you hang in there!
    Meg
    Meg

Post  Meg Sat May 07, 2011 6:01 am

Hi Groovers,

Another week gone again, my it flies. Well done to everyone, Yay Tanja!!!

Me on the other hand, well.... I've started my birthday week last night and this morning, well afternoon I've lost 100gms, but it's still a loss.

Anway, Happy Mothers day to everyone.

Take care
    Janene
    Janene
    Admin

Post  Janene Sat May 07, 2011 8:30 am

Meg as they say a loss is a loss! So congratulations. You are still taking steps forward!! Clap
    stefenia
    stefenia

Post  stefenia Sun May 08, 2011 3:59 pm

Hi all

How is everyone going with the May Challenge? I only lost 200g this week so I am a bit disappointed - but considering I had several off days due to having a difficult tooth extraction which left me lethargic and certainly unable to exercise for one of those days, 200g will do!

I am just so happy that my weight loss is becoming evident to all - lots of compliments at school, church and the family gathering today for Mother's Day. Even if the scales are not moving much I know how much better I look - so feeling very pleased with myself.

I hope all the mothers out there had a wonderful day - I certainly did! My 25 year old daughter bought me some sheepskin slippers (wanted them for ages) and bath products. We had a wonderful afternoon tea at my mum's - I am the oldest of 4 children - all there, plus the grandchildren, my brother's in-laws visiting from Mauritius as well as my best friend who lost her mother a few years ago and has been "adopted" by my family (I have been friends with her for over 40 years). All in all a good day.
    Janene
    Janene
    Admin

Post  Janene Mon May 09, 2011 1:11 am

Aww Steph that sounds like a wonderful day.

200grams is still good. If we were doing "normal diets" 200 grams a week would be considered normal so pat yourself on the back!! I'm so glad to hear people are noticing.

I had a great Mothers day, my first one actually - with a little *almost* 9 month old. After many years trying and an emotional IVF journey I just basked in the glory of lots of cuddles and snuggles. I also got slippers and chocolates!! (Which I loveeeeeed on my free day).

I'm doing really well so far in the challenge. Looking forward to a new week ahead and another loss! Woohoo
    _jo_
    _jo_

Post  _jo_ Mon May 09, 2011 3:56 am

Well my Sunday Free day turned into a free weekend! thats ok though i'm over my guilt now lol. So i didn't weight in on the weekend cause of that so i'll wait till next week to see if there was any damage. I feel so yuk though today from having normal food for 2 days. I'm not over all these events yet though!! next weekend i haev a BBQ to go to..so this will be my free day, then the weekend after is my Birthday and we are going out saturday night....OMG a night out! I haven't had a proper night out with friends in years!! lol i can see any alchol going straight to my head lol..
    after that i'm event free till September!!! so i can focus on not gonig over board on my free days.

So i'm hoping maybe we have a monthly challenge?? lol I'm still gonna work towards my goal for this one though i may not make it i will try!
    Meg
    Meg

Post  Meg Mon May 09, 2011 9:31 am

Yep, I'm not having a "free day" either, its been a free 4 day weekend. Birthday drinks Friday night, recovering Saturday, Mothers Day Sunday and Today is my actual birthday, so we are celebrating with rice meal and cake.

Completed the Mothers day Classic in Melbourne again. I love doing that. Soooo many people are joining which is great, more money to the Breast Cancer Institute.

Hope you all have a great Mothers day and on with the week. I've got some catching up to do.
    kirst567

May Challenge - Page 3 Empty IM IN

Post  kirst567 Tue May 10, 2011 2:46 am

HIYA EVERYONE !

SO i am new to this site ! And Iv spent the last 3 hours going through all the topics, finding recipes etc....

And I stumbled across this challenge !

WOuld love to be involved =)

Sounds great !

My Name is Kirsty

Cant wait to get to know everybody here !
    kirst567

May Challenge - Page 3 Empty IM IN

Post  kirst567 Tue May 10, 2011 2:48 am

HIYA EVERYONE !

I think i posted this reply in a different forum accidently because its not showing up !

Anyone Im totally new to this site , and im so in for this challenge !

SOunds great and I love the support system ! You guys are all great !

My name is Kirsty and I look forward to getting to know all of you soon !
    Janene
    Janene
    Admin

Post  Janene Tue May 10, 2011 4:34 am

Hi Kristy!! Welcome hun. You better get cracking for this challenge as not long now to go until end of May Vegie Dance

Great to have you on board Hi There
    stefenia
    stefenia

Post  stefenia Tue May 10, 2011 5:38 am

Hi Kirsty and welcome

We are only about 1/3 of the way through the month - you just need to set a realistic goal for the remaining time.

Good luck on your journey with us!
    tanjasweightloss
    tanjasweightloss

Post  tanjasweightloss Sat May 14, 2011 2:43 pm

Hey guys just a little loss this week 300 grams but was happy with that being it's TTOM Very Happy
    kirst567

May Challenge - Page 3 Empty Free weekend

Post  kirst567 Mon May 23, 2011 4:01 am

Hi guys !

Im feeling really guilty today... I had a bad weeekend, I had lost 4 kilos this month and was going on to the 5th and I was so stoked. i weighed in on Friday !
    And then Friday night I went out with my friends for a birthday and they werent supportive at all and shoved food in my face and winged and whined that it was just a once off and to eat what they were.. So i Did !

Then on saturday I was pretty good but had a few drinks for a 21st ! That was all !

And then on Sunday I had kinda another free day and ate some chocolate and biscuits and i now i feel horrible and like i totally went backwards!

Hows everyone else going with the May challenge??

Has anyone else stuffed up?
    I just wanna kill myself , literally !

xxxx
    stefenia
    stefenia

Post  stefenia Mon May 23, 2011 4:41 am

Hi Kirsty

Don't kill yourself - it is not that bad! Every now and again things will happen that cause us to fall off the wagon. The trick is to get back on - it is not how often you fall off but how often you get back up!

So you had a bad weekend - now have a good week. Don't blow the whole thing because of a few bad days. The loss you have had so far is awesome - you just need to refocus. It is unlikely that you have put all 5kg back on - so just have a PO day (or 2) and get going again.

I had an odd weekend - usually I have my free day on Sunday but on Saturday I was going to the football and had a hankerring for the fish and chips I can buy at the clubrooms. So I had them (didn't really enjoy - but oh well) but kept the rest of the day BT compliant. So yesterday I had another free lunch (BLT) with BT for the rest again. No weight gain which is unusual for a free day so I was pretty happy. PO day today and for the first time in 2 months not really feeling it! But it is one day of the week so I am just going to suck it up and get back to real food tomorrow. Must remember to defrost some prawns when I get home for a late night snack.

I am feeling pretty happy about how things are going at the moment - over 8kg lost - and it is never coming back. I fit into nearly all of the clothes I had packed away and went shopping yesterday for replacement knitwear - so lots of nice new things that will fit even when I lose more weight. Summer clothes will need to be altered next season as these will definitely be too big.

Yesterday I did 4 (count them 4) 10min free jogs on the Wii fit. I had breaks in between but have never done that much jogging before. The less weight you carry the easier it is to jog I guess. I try to do more on weekends because I don't move around as much as I do at school. Exercise is addictive and I think I have only missed one day in the last month or so (when I had a molar extracted that day).

I am committed to maintaining this new and healthy lifestyle. Routine blood tests done a few weeks ago show no sign of diabetes (my mother has type 2), lowered cholesterol (and I am not taking any meds at the moment) and improved liver function. I have to put a lot of this down to the BT program.

But before I sound too much like the perfect BTer - I know that at any moment I could fall - so I am keeping my feet on the ground - but my head in the heavens - I am so thankful to have had this opportunity to change my life - not just weight but health as well. I want to encourage everyone to just keep at it - don't let so called friends sway you from your path and enjoy all the benefits that come from taking control over your life.

Blessings to all
    kirst567

Post  kirst567 Mon May 23, 2011 3:31 pm

Wow Stephanie, you are amazing.
    Great advice. You honestly made me feel so much better and put a smile on my face, so thank you for your inspiring words.
    Sounds like you are doing a really great job with your weight loss. That’s really really good to hear, I am really proud of your progress and I can tell this will defiantly be a life changing experience for you, and one that you will keep forever, so well done to that.
    I have defiantly picked myself up and will do two PO days. I exercised a little longer than usual today which made me happier. As you said, exercise is certainly addictive. I love it and do it every single day besides Sundays. I consider that my day off. The only struggle I have with is weekends, because I am surrounded by friends who aren’t always supportive.
    But other than that, I also am in love with BT and know it is forever.
    Thanks again Stephanie, you are really amazing and have helped me get back on track.
    Kirsty
    Meg
    Meg

Post  Meg Tue May 24, 2011 9:34 am

Stefanie, you have given lots and lots of encouragement to lots of people on here this week and i'd like to say THANK YOU . By the looks of things, I'm not the only one that has had a bad time lately, but you words have lifted everyone up.

thanks for reading us and supporting big cyber hugs and kisses to you. xxxoooxxx

stefenia
    stefenia

Post  stefenia Tue May 24, 2011 10:02 am

Glad to help - take care all of you who are doing it tough at the moment. I love you
    FeFe

Post  FeFe Wed May 25, 2011 2:43 am

Hi guys, just letting you know I lost 500g this week - so slowly but surely they say.
    Janene can you update my ticker. My husband has lost 5kgs in 3weeks - dont understand how he can lose over a kg each week and I can't!!!!!
    But I will keep going. I might need to up the exercise more I think - have been a bit slack with that lately with the weather in Melbourne being yukky!!!!!
    FeFe

Post  FeFe Wed May 25, 2011 3:32 am

Janene
    I just worked out how to update my ticker - what is my pin?
    Thanks.
    kirst567

Post  kirst567 Mon May 30, 2011 2:51 am

Hi Everyone,

How did you all go with the May challenge?
    There is only one day left until June so thought Id check in and see how everyone went with the 5 kg challenge?

I lost my 5 kg and i am soo happy !
    For a second there i didnt think i was going to make it coz i had a few free weekends, but mariculously, I pulled through !
    Hope everyone had good results.

Take care,

Kirsty
    stefenia
    stefenia

Post  stefenia Mon May 30, 2011 2:54 am

Hi Kirsty - go to the completed challenges section and you will see how we all went!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:24 pm